- “Hero Rats” are trained to find land mines.
- A new constitution in Kenya, but will Tanzania get one too?
- More news on Serengeti Highway: Kenya begins talks to try and stop the road. My previous post here
- Colette Releford has some good posts on business lessons learned in Tanzania, see part one of six here
Around the continent:
- Rwanda is withdrawing troops from Sudan over a leaked report that their troops committed widespread killings in the DRC in 1990. If you are interested in this, Texas in Africa has a great post.
- The ICC is to open investigations in Kenya
- Mozambique food riots — Chris Blattman’s post on why we should be skeptical of food riots and Africa Works has a good post on the continents agricultural successes
- Nigeria’s government locks out people who are late for work
- A very interesting look at Who’s got the gold/who is mining it (HT Chris Blattman)
- “Leaving water in the dessert so that immigrants don’t die is now legal?”