I haven’t been reading a lot on the internet (save google reader, notice the prevalence of Hat Tips (HTs)), and sadly, a lot of the articles I read in the Tanzanian newspapers I can’t find online.
However, here are a few articles you might find interesting.
- Pirates and the Navy have a gun battle at Sea. This is the 2nd Pirate attack in 3 days
- Tanzania is in the top ten youngest people list
- A reporters journey on a train across Tanzania
- Egypt gets open sources mapping of sexual harassment (HT Jonathan Dignan)
- “HIV vaccine will not be discovered in Washington DC or London but in Africa”
- Naija Lingo is a new online dictionary for Nigerian pidgin/broken English (HT Africa Unchained)
- The Missing Millenium Children is a Guardian series from 2005 where they followed 10 children in Africa from birth. They caught up with them (or those that survived) this year.
- The lost Ethiopians of Kyrgyzstan (HT Jonathan Dignan)
- When the military steps in as health workers in South Africa
- Zones of control in Somalia (HT Texas in Africa)
- A must see: Inventions that might save the world (HT Jonathan Dignan)
- A chart mapping MDG Accountability. This seems to be really catching people’s attention, as it was shared to me by 4 separate people.
- How slums can save the world. I find this subject fascinating, and I will most likely do a series of posts on it later (HT Jonathan Dignan)
- A hilarious article titled Bono: The Celebrity that keeps giving (HT Chris Blattman)
- In case you missed it, the UN apparently appointed an Alien Ambassador. You can never be too prepared, really. Or not.
- Why dictators have so many kids (HT Jonathan Dignan) and the latest in dictator fashion (HT Texas in Africa)